Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Farewell for Now

To all those who have visited or subscribed to this weekly devotional study throughout the past 67-weeks, I say thank you!  I have certainly enjoyed sharing God’s word through this medium known as the blogosphere.  I have also enjoyed reading the added commentaries and insights from fellow believers and answering questions from those who are yet seeking the way, the truth, and the life.
Why do I say farewell…I will be redirecting my attention to writing a full-length Christian book.  As many of you know all too well, it takes time and research to exposit the depth of scripture and even more time to transition one’s thoughts to paper as led by the Holy Spirit.  Therefore, time being the keyword I must discontinue publishing my weekly devotions in order to dedicate that time to writing the book.
I am quite sure each of you understands that two priorities cannot occupy the same space and time – something has to give way.  One might even say why not simply base your weekly devotions on the current research for your book?  Well, and I say this with a humbled chuckle, why then would anyone want to get my book if it is already available online?  Therefore, for now I leave you, requesting your prayers for the Holy Spirit’s guidance in this endeavor.  
I like to think that the overarching message I have instilled in each of my writings is the dire need for every believer to go out and share the good news of Jesus Christ with the world.  This is our calling, our mission, our responsibility - that we would give our life over to Him who gave His life up for us in that He would continue to live through us and reach the world.  I encourage you to individually dig deep in God’s word and share what you have uncovered with others.
Jesus said, “Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to all creation.  (Mark 16:15-16/KJV)
The question here dear brother or sister is - will you go?

Have a blessed week and stay tuned in for updates on my future writings!

11 comments:

  1. Darryl,

    Thanks for your devotion to sharing and I will keep you in my prayers, that God's light may continue to be the radiating source in your life. May He continue to bless and keep you.

    Regards
    Jerome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jerome,

      I sincerely thank you for your prayers and be assured they are greatly appreciated my brother. I too, shall keep you in prayer as well asking the Lord to illuminate your path with equal intensity as you travel through this journey we call life.

      Blessings!

      Delete
  2. Hi Darry,
    I am not going to say 'Goodbye my friend', I am going to say 'aurevoir' for the time being. I thought I would not be posting on my blog for a while because I have felt led to put some of my thoughts together in a booklet, yet this week something happened which I felt I wanted to share on the blog. We are told that we know not what tomorrow brings and that we should take no thought for it. So, just as I have found time to keep communicating with my brothers and sisters in the Lord on line as well as putting my thoughts together in my little booklet, who knows if and when the Lord will encourage you to share on line. God bless you in whatever you feel led to do. Hopefully see you on line sharing soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sister Brenda,

      'Aurevoir' yes, ‘goodbye’ never! Goodbye is a word two Christians should never use towards one another because the day will come when they will see each other again and in the case of those in the blogosphere, for the first time… :) I will no doubt peruse the blogs of those I have been following and on occasion might even provide comment or two. I pray that God’s hand of protection, mercy, and healing will always be upon you and those you love.

      Blessings!

      Delete
  3. I just had to add that, even though you might not be blogging for a while, your lovely posts are there for everyone to read and return to for encouragement, and I am sure that your booklet will do the same when it is written. God bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for those wonderful words of encouragement and though I will not be an active blogger for a time, I will frequent your site and partake in the lovely poetry and inspirational messages. I pray God will continue to bless both you and your wonderful ministry to reach the world!

      Blessings!

      Delete
  4. Sorry to see you leave the blog list, I hope you will keep this active only so we can read all you have bloged. one other thing I wish to say, it is our duty as Christians to make disciples of all we meet. Just to lead someone to Christ is not enough, they need to be mentored in the gospel so to remain in His hands. God bless you as you write. In His Service, Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan,

      Thank you for your kind comment and yes, the site will remain available for other newcomers, as well as longtime subscribers, to peruse. What you say of mentorship is so true because we are told to make “disciples,” which as you well point out is more than simply introducing someone to Jesus Christ. It is really a long-term or even life-long commitment.

      Keep checking back for updates on my book-writing endeavor and perhaps even feature devotions and may God bless you in all you do for His service and His glory.

      Blessings!

      Delete
  5. Hi Darrys,
    don't know if you check on your blog at all. Just passing and wanted to say 'Hello'. Hope you and the family and church are all ok and that your book is coming along fine, which reminds me that I must get back to mine. I think my life gets busier the older I get. God bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda!

      It is so nice of you to drop by to say hello and give us your best wishes and know that we are all doing well and we do hope that you and family are doing equally well if not better.

      My book project is coming along with only an outline at this point and as you probably well know, once the outline is complete then you fill in the content. It is my sincere hope that your book is coming along nicely also for you are one who is indeed a gifted writer and poet.

      As for aging, I would rather be busy for the Lord than sitting around and watching life pass me by and I know by reading your posts, you are not one who simply sits around idle.

      May your life, your family and your work continue to receive the fullness of our Lord’s blessings as only He can provide - Blessings!

      Delete
  6. Yes you are right Darryl, I would rather be busy for the Lord too. None of my booklets are for publishing, I just like putting them together on my desktop publisher (old fashioned and like paper), but it is nice to use the content of our thoughts for sharing on line too isn't it. I leave you to get on with your busy life now, nice to know you are all ok. God bless you, maybe you will blog again in the future.

    ReplyDelete

I thank you for reading the Thought of the Week Devotion, and your comment will be visible once approved.

Blessings!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.